Wednesday, March 25, 2015

#BookWorm: The Maze Runner

Hello all!

I finished the first book of The Maze Runner series recently. So this book is about a guy, Thomas, who woke up in this new world, no memories, with a giant maze that is closed off at night time. Most of the book is spent getting to know the characters and their ideas as to how to get out of this maze and/or regain their memories. Then the first girl after years is sent to the "glade" (what they call their land) with a threatening note about people dying. Ooo. Plot twist. 

Let me start off by saying I was not as big of a fan of this book as I was the Hunger Games or Divergent series. I expected a lot after the hype and comparisons to those that it received. Nonetheless, I enjoyed it more as I started to read it. This book to me seems like it is trying to grab male readers who like Hunger Games, therefore I wasn't grabbed as much being a female. Maybe that's my bias, but that's my bias. It definitely reached out to more of a male population with the strong male leads and one lonely female character. Overall I would recommend this book to people who enjoyed the other two previously mentioned series with the precaution that it is different and unique leaning towards the the male readers. Overall I would give it an 7.5/10. It was good. I will be reading the sequels. But if I didn't it wouldn't keep me up at night. It ends with a cliffhanger so that's really the only draw to read more for me. I wasn't in love with the characters. Still haven't seen the movie, but not sure if I even will. We shall see!

So now I have come to the dilema of finally running out of books to read. As soon as funding is available I will be making an Amazon book hoarding purchase of some new series that I heard of, and yes, the rest of this series. Any suggestions out there for good reads before I fill up my cart?

Thanks for reading with me,
- Olivia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment