Saturday, November 1, 2014

#BookWorm: If I Stay and Where She Went

Hello fellow readers!

This past week I finished up If I Stay and read Where She Went. Both were phenomenal. I love Gayle Forman's writing style. It's not complicated, and very much like if you were hearing someone's actual thoughts. If you haven't read either: don't worry I won't spoil anything. The premise of If I Stay is that a family gets into a car accident and the main character Mia has to decide if she wants to live or not. The second book is about Mia's boyfriend and his life after the accident. I love that the author gave Adam's point of view in Where She Went. If you like dramatic and thrilling romance books with teenage-college characters, you'll love this series. It was hard for me to finish the second book, only because I liked the characters that much and didn't want to let them go! I'd give them a combined rating of 9/10. Yep, that good. I plan on reading more of Gayle Forman's books.

The movie for If I Stay came out around Labor Day, and I LOVED it. It was one of the few movies I saw before reading the book. It was phenomenal. I really hope they make Where She Went into a movie. They did combine some things from the second book into the movie already, but nothing super life changing. And they talked a lot more about Adam's family life than the first book did.

So what did you think of the books or movie? I'm currently reading It's Kind of a Funny Story, and am enjoying it so far!

Thanks for reading along with me,
-Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment