Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Wifey Wednesday: Organization

Hey all! Sorry about not posting last week, this series will most likely be a once a month thing, since my schedule is just going to get crazier once I start working full time again. Anyways, I wanted  to share some tips on how to be successful in planning a wedding: organization. If you're terrible at deadlines or keeping things together and have some extra cash, hear me out: get a wedding planner. Luckily, I am super organized and will share with you my wedding timeline. Every magazine or article you read about weddings usually has a wedding timeline, it's pretty generic. But you have to make it fit to your engagement length. If your engagement, like mine, was more than a year, you have way more time to figure things out. If you have a super short engagement, six months or less, then you have to condense everything in that short amount of time. Here are some of my suggestions as far as timelines go:

1) Find your dress early. I got mine two weeks after we got engaged! While some may say that is crazy, and why do that, it really helped pull the vision for my day together and gave me the piece of mind knowing what kind of workouts I should be doing based on the dress type and such.

2) Pick your venue early. We had a specific date, because it was our dating anniversary and it fell exactly seven years later on a Saturday. It had meaning to us. But we also had a very particular venue want: inside with a water view in Central Florida. Not always easy to find both. So start early! Look up places online and read reviews. I cannot stress enough: GO VISIT IT IN PERSON. You could see pictures of a wedding and say "wow this looks so nice!" but it was a wedding of 50 and you have 200+ people coming to your big day.

3) Don't stress about your dress accessories too soon.  I've met so many brides who find their dress and then FREAK out because they can't find the right shoes and buy an overprices pair of shoes and necklace because they don't want to miss out on the opportunity and then find a better pair later on, but it is too late to return the other shoes. Don't be that girl. I found my shoes six months after my dress on etsy and waited for a good deal before I bought them.

4) Hair and makeup places book FAST. On my timeline I had looking at hair and makeup places about six months before the wedding. Well a lot of them book way before that, so consider looking into it sooner if you are using someone for hair and makeup. Luckily I have friends who are awesome at hair and who are awesome at makeup, so I am using them.

5) Pick your photographer early and reasearch them well. Our venue had a list of "preferred" photographers that we basically had to use, so we had plans to meet up with one, then he took himself off the list and hated on the venue when calling to let us know. Not cool, glad we didn't go with him. Then we found an awesome couple who do work together for a GOOD price. But we signed with them about 13 months before our wedding.


So if you have a short engagement: find your dress, book your venue, then pick your photographer ASAP.

That's all for now. Keep telling me what you want to read about wedding or wifey wise :)

Thanks,
Olivia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment