Friday, September 19, 2014

DIY: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Hey everyone!
This week I had some free time since I am starting my big girl real world job next week. I decided to experiment with some pumpkin baking since it is officially Fall! I decided to try Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies based off of a recipe I found on Pinterest, but I changed it a little bit. What you'll need: 1/2 cup butter (I used I Can't Believe It's Not Butter) melted, 3/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup granulated white sugar (or confectionary sugar if you don't have granulated, 1 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract, 5-6 tablespoons of pumpkin puree, 1 and 3/4 cups all purpose flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt,1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, 1/8 teaspoon gound cloves (estimate here), and as many chocolate chips as you think. 

Mix all the ingredients minus the chocolate chips. Let them cool in the fridge, I did for about 2 hours, but you can anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 hours. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. After that add in the chocolate chips using a soft spatula. TIP: For easier to work with dough, freeze for 30 minutes after cooling for an hour. Form the cookies into as round of a shape as you can on the baking sheet. The pumpkin is hard to work with so be prepared to get your hands a little dirty. With the ingredients above you can expect about twenty small cookies or twelve large cookies. TIP: Don't forget to spray the pan, these cookies are really sticky! Bake them for 8-10 minutes. Let cool on counter for an hour and then place in covered container in the fridge for two hours for better taste. TIP: If you're using a top and bottom rack, after four minutes switch the bottom cookie sheet to the top and vice versa so they are baked evenly. Also use a lighter cooking sheet!

I'm not a huge pumpkin person, but Madi is and he loved them (not to mention they're butter free and contain no eggs), and I brougt them in as a Telefund experiment and a lot of people liked them! But if pumpkin is not your cup of tea, don't make them. Because they're pumpkin. I want to try a couple of other fall themed recipes, and will post if I decide to make them! Let me know what you think. Do you have any fall recipes that you love to make or anything you've heard of and want to try? Let me know!

Thanks,
Olivia :)


No comments:

Post a Comment