Friday, March 14, 2014

Engagement Party: February 22, 2014

Hello all,

I finally am able to post about my engagement party! Madi and I are so lucky to be blessed with such great family and friends that came to celebrate with us for our engagement. My mom and cousin Latoya did such a great job planning and orchestrating the entire thing. They set it up so there were four different stations: pie, cookies, fondue, and my personal favorite, cupcakes. Each station had multiple choices and toppings, making it a delicious evening! They put so many personal touches into the party, including on the end of every balloon pictures of Madi and I in black and white squares (unfortunately I didn't get a great picture of that) and since I hate the taste of champagne and sparking juices, they added rock candy (another one of my favorite things) to the drinks to give it a different flavor. It definitely made it more tolerable for me! And I might have eaten an extra stick of rock candy ;). Earlier that day one of my best friends and bridesmaids took our gorgeous engagement pictures, and she had a great idea to go and print out a few in 8x10s to have at the party. It definitely added another great touch!
Another thing they did was have two mason jars and Popsicle sticks for people to write date night ideas. Clearly my family is super creative! A couple of speeches were made by my mom, Mrs. Franek (who made everyone tear up with her quote from the movie About Time, which if you haven't seen that movie GO WATCH IT! BEST movie out right now for sure), our Best Man, Jeremy Perrin, and Maid of Honor, Kari Truong. It was such a memorable evening and I am so grateful for all of the people in attendance.
Xoxo,
- Olivia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment