Saturday, December 22, 2012

Can We Pretend That Airplanes In the Night Sky Are Like Shooting Stars?

Hello everyone!

So as many of you know I am currently in snowy Michigan! Today we took a plane directly from sunny SRQ to down right cold Detroit! And as per usual the airport experience was AWESOME! Just kidding. More like a pain in the ass. In my lifetime I've flown so many times. More than I can count. Especially to Detroit and especially with Delta. So today was supposed to be easy since I was doing both of my frequently used ways of travel right? Wrong-o. I got to the airport and that's where the mess started. Which led me to make this blog post to see if anyone else gets infuriated with these common airport occurrences.

1. Bitchy Desk Attendants
While I understand that your job is not glamorous and everyone has their bad days, every single delta rep today was bitchy and had an attitude until they realized who they were dealing with. Starting with me not getting the seat I Pre-picked three months ago so I could sit with my family. I get it, things change and I'm not going to die not sitting by my mommy at my age but they didn't even have a seat assigned for me. They pretty much said "better get here early and go to the gate to be sure you get a spot on our fully booked flight!" So that's what I did. Then I get rude McGee number two who before I even ask a question tells me "if you're looking for a seat assignment you need to wait til 1:10". I said okay and left without any attitude then went back at 1:10 (which makes me wonder why I had to get there SO early) and then got told if you're waiting for a seat assignment we will call you up individually. Okay communication skills = 0. So I waited. Of course it was "Now calling Olivia............ Um...... J.... J..." Until I screamed JUOLA! Sheesh! Yup I was crabby by then. Finally I got a seat.

2. Bitches who dress super nice at the airport for no reason
This is just pointless and weird. If you aren't going to meet someone for work or you're not JLo, why are you dressing up to sit on a crowded airplane.

3. People who fly first class and have to make it known to EVERYONE
This lady walks up to the ticket counter where her husband was waiting in line and said "honey, sit down this line is for NORMAL people, WE have first class tickets and are priority members" bitch please the airport world does not revolve around you. Oh wait, it kind of does. Amurricah the land where you can pay your way out of everything.

4. People who are rude to parents that have screaming children on airplanes
It is not the parents fault. Until you have traveled with 5 year old Reegan you do not understand how out of control a child can be and sometimes you just have to let them cry it out. Turning around and saying "can you do something?" To the frantic mother who is already shhhing her child and rocking him will not help the situation at all besides further embarrassing the parent. Buy some headphones.

and that concludes my airport ranting post. For now I'm going to bundle up and get some sleep before tomorrow comes!

Stay warm,
-Olivia



1 comment:

  1. Hi Olivia! This post made me laugh :) I totally agree with #2! Whyyyy wear 6 inch stilettos when you're going to be on a plane for 4 hours?

    Merry Christmas!

    <3,
    Allie

    ReplyDelete