Wednesday, December 12, 2012

I'll Provide the Beauty, You Provide the Beat

Hello all,

So I have been thinking about what to do for another blog post that people would enjoy, and since I recently went to Jingle Ball and had an awesome experience I decided to do something along the lines of concerts I've been to, ranking them by different subjects new or old concert goers may want to hear. . On another note Jingle Ball was incredible and totally worth the billion dollars I spent for the tickets. Anyways, first here is a list of all the people I have seen and all of the concert halls I have been to in more recent years:

1. Justin Bieber, Ke$ha, One Republic, Ed Sheeran, Sean Kingston, Zedd, Walk the Moon, Austin Mahone- Tampa Bay Times Forum, Tampa FL
2. Jack's Mannequin, Cobra Starship, Twenty One Pilots, ANEW- USF Meadows, Tampa FL
3. You Me at Six and Mayday Parade- State Theatre, St. Pete FL
4. Blink 182 and My Chemical Romance- Ford Ampitheatre, Tampa FL
5. 3oh!3- USF Meadows, Tampa FL
6. Mayday Parade, Breathe Carolina, Every Avenue, Artist vs. Poet, Go Radio, American Secrets- State Theatre
7. New Politics, Neon Trees, 30 Seconds to Mars- USF Meadows, Tampa FL
8. 3oh!3, Cobra Starship, Travie Mccoy, I Fight Dragons- House of Blues, Orlando FL
9. 30 Seconds to Mars, Panic at the Disco, The Used, Anberlin, Rise Against, Chevelle, Metric, Cage the Elephant, Matisyahu- Ford Ampitheatre, Tampa FL
10. Metro Station, Boys Like Girls, Good Charlotte, The Maine- House of Blues, Orlando FL

The first ranking I thought would be important is "Best Atmosphere- Concert Hall". For sure the best atmosphere would be House of Blues in Orlando. The whole place just feels full of energy and both times that I have been there they've done a great job with every aspect to make it a good time. Also its in Downtown Disney, making it even more special to me since I am a huge Disney World fan.
The second ranking I thought of was best "Special Effects". This was for sure a tie between Good Charlotte and Justin Bieber. Between Good Charlotte's laser sequences and Justin Bieber's fireworks and smoke, they tie for first in the Special Effects category. 
Recording Artist Justin Bieber performs onstage during 93.3 FLZ's Jingle Ball 2012 at Tampa Bay Times Forum on December 9, 2012 in Tampa, Florida.
The next ranking I thought of would be "Most Comfortable" as far as concert halls. This for sure would go to  the Tampa Bay Times Forum. Their cushioned seats made it so much more comfortable than standing or sitting on a lawn through a four hour show. So they definitely win. 
Have you ever been to a show where the person you paid to see sounds nothing like they do on your iTunes library? Yes, its happened to all of us. Fortunately I have had some amazing experiences and when it all comes down to it "The Best Performer-Voice" is in terms of how they sound live related to how they sound on iTunes or the radio. For sure without a doubt the band who sounded the most like themselves for EVERY song would have to go to Panic! at the Disco. 

Last but not least. I obviously have to do "Best Overall Performance". This was so hard for me as pretty much EVERY concert I have been to has been worth my time an has been amazing. But I have to give it to my 17th birthday concert at my favorite hall House of Blues-Orlando, when I got to meet Nathaniel Mott. 3oh!3 is definitely the winner hands down. Although J. Biebs came in a pretty close second, nothing will change that awesome moment when I got to meet a member of my favorite band. 
(ew I know my hair what the heck was I thinking) but this was ALL worth it. Such a cool experience and such a good guy! 
So that completes my list of Bests for concerts I've attended. If you are looking to go to a show, any of the halls I've been to are great but if you want a good atmosphere go to House of Blues, looking for comfort? go to the Times Forum.

Thanks for reading,
Olivia

Photo credits go to google images, 93.3FLZ, and myself of course :)

No comments:

Post a Comment