Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Day 2012: Rants on Rants on Rants

Hello everyone,

Of course the topic of the week is none other than: duh-duh-dun-dah ELECTION DAY! Woohoo! So all month I've been arguing with people about different political topics, but unfortunately I missed the time period to register because of the craziness of my life. I know it is my civic duty and I was dumb and forgot to go do it, but everyone can relax because I don't even know who I would have voted for.

Rant #1: The president is NOT the most important person in politics, it is really the issues you support and congress as well as the senate who are either going to make things go somewhere or put them on hold. People make such a big deal out of the president, who DUH is really important, but more than half of those people who are all GO OBAMA or GO ROMNEY don't even know who is representing their own state... pathetic.

Rant #2: Abortion is ridiculous (yes if you get raped, incest, fatal harm to mother, is not what I'm talking about), but straight up I made a mistake and had unprotected sex and got pregnant and now I'm going to use this opportunity as a way to cover up my mistakes and be psychologically effed up the rest of my life is STUPID. People who have multiple abortions for this reason should NOT be allowed to keep their uterus and continue to screw over the lives of little babies. Again: NOT talking about the situations in parenthesis because I am not one to judge in those positions. To be honest: abortions most of the time is a pathetic excuse to get drunk and be a slut and use it as a way out of your own mistake. Yes, I feel terrible for the children who have to live when they are "unwanted" but at least they get to live and there are SO many people out there looking for children to be adopted. Instead of abortion ITS CALLED A CONDOM OR BIRTH CONTROL USE IT!  End of rant #2.

Rant #3: Cutting PBS and claiming it is not critical, okay maybe not critical but I can't say that I would have been the youngest BCS grad without educational shows that I watched growing up on PBS. I consider the education of people, especially children, as a super critical topic. People can interpret that as they want. I just think that was a dumb comment on his mistake and he shouldn't get mad when people make fun of him for it because he sounded like an idiot.



Rant #4: College financial aid, from everything I have heard Romney plans on cutting a lot of funding for students in loan money which to be honest is what gets me through school. I am not handed a free ride to school like most kids who went to my private high school, which I am not saying is a bad thing if parents have money to do so they SHOULD help their kids through school but not all parents do, I have to work my ass off to cover my tuition and rent and rely on pell grants, bright futures (which has already been cut (thanks government)), and loans to carry my hard working butt through school, and if that funding gets "drastically" cut? I am effed. There is NO way I could graduate when I am supposed to and not just about me, but about the future of public education for my kids one day. I'm not saying Obama would make it better, he hasn't proven otherwise, but don't be dumb and cut more funding to the future of America. Thanks.

Which brings me to Rant #5: Obama hasn't done anything positive for the last four years! Granted, he didn't have a government who worked well with him, but he also has not brought back as many troops as promised (which makes me SUPER pissed that's people's family and friends over there) and jobs have not improved. Also he didn't kill bin Laden, that'd be our awesome military so he needs to stop taking credit for it. Thanks. The only thing he has going for him is trying to make things equal for everyone.



Rant #6: Though I don't use it and don't plan to, legalize marijuana and tax it. It's dumb that it hasn't been already. Period.

Rant #7: If you continually show support for one side without addressing why the other side is wrong/right you fail. This especially applies to people's political posts on Facebook. You didn't change my mind.



And finally Rant #8: I don't know if this is even that big of an issue on the election, but it is a big issue in life. The fact that Americans are so egocentric that they want EVERYONE to learn English and live in the American life style. Um hello? We need to work together people not say "If you don't speak English you should move back to Mexico". Those people matter too! They have thoughts and feelings and working in a healthcare industry you realize how hard it must be for them. If you were in another country and got sick would you want people to talk to you like you are deaf  NO HABLO INGLES?! No they don't speak English stupid try to get someone who speaks their language to help them. They are people to. And whether you like it or not they will continue to be here needing our care. Learn some Spanish and maybe you won't sound like an egocentric asshole. I think everyone needs to be able to speak minimal Spanish to work in a healthcare industry. And I guess this post sort of means I agree with the Obama care plan.


And now we come to the end of this long political post. As you can see, I have NO idea who I would vote for. Both sides support things I agree and disagree with. Also I would not want to vote to say "I supported *INSERT NAME HERE* because I don't fully support either of them. And either way we are going to have people complaining about it until the next election when the cycle continues.



Until next time,

Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment