Monday, September 22, 2014

#BookWorm: The Wedding

Hey fellow readers!

I finally finished another book! With the NCLEX in my past, I started leisurely reading again. I am working on my list, and The Wedding was the next one up so I decided to give it a whirl. I cannot tell you how shocked I was that I actually really enjoyed this book. Why was I so shocked you may ask? Because it's a sequel to a Nicholas Sparks classic The Notebook. If you HAVEN'T read The Notebook or don't know that the ending is different from the movie, stop reading here because this is a major spoiler alert.

The Wedding is about Noah's granddaughter who is getting married and the preparations for her wedding. It is a middle aged male perspective the entire book, Noah's son-in-law Wilson, and a majority of the story takes place in the present when they're middle aged. Typically I like books about younger couples and from a female perspective, but this one was great. I was worried it would ruin my thoughts on The Notebook, but it didn't. I loved Noah and his relationship with the swan in the book, and loved that they included a lot of flashback moments from Noah and Allie's crazy relationship. Overall I would give the book a 9/10, yeah that good. Which is odd since normally I like the female perspective (like in my review of Dear John I kind of bashed him for not including more female perspective), but I honestly didn't miss it in this book. I was impressed. Again, if you hate romance stories and/or Nicholas Sparks, first of all you're cray, second of all you won't like this book.

Also did anyone else see how they changed all the old Nicholas Sparks covers to pictures of couples? Like what the heck? I hate hate hate the new covers. So annoying. Google it, you'll be angry too if you're a Sparks fan.

I started reading Four by Veronica Roth, which is a collection of stories from the view of Tobias. I will let you all know when I finish, but so far so good. So what are you reading these days? Has your list expanded? Let me know!

Thanks for reading,
Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment