Friday, June 27, 2014

DIY: Cookie Dough Frosted Brownie

Hello all,

So when I was in Elementary school my best friend's family made these amazing brownies with cookie dough on top. Yes raw cookie dough, but it was eggless. I fell in love. Every year for my birthday or class party that is what I wanted. They were amazing. So now in college one day I wanted one, so I experimented and came up with a recipe on my own for the eggless cookie dough.

I used boxed brownies (yes I know should've made them from scratch but as a nursing student working 2 jobs, ain't nobody got time for that). So here are the directions for the cookie dough:

3/4 cup of brown sugar
1/4 cup of softened butter
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup milk
1 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt

You basically mix all of that together and put it in the fridge. After baking the brownies let them cool and put them in the fridge overnight. The next morning use the cookie dough as frosting and put it on top of the brownies. Wal-ah. Cookie dough frosted brownies. Delicious diabetes in a pan. So good. I know the picture of the actual brownie looks awful but by the time I remembered to take a picture, I had passed out the rest of the brownies and this was the sad one that was left.

Have you ever made eggless cookie dough? What would you put it on? Or do you eat it by itself?

Let me know & thanks for keeping up,
-Olivia Aili :)

No comments:

Post a Comment