Tuesday, October 9, 2018

#BookWorm: Legend by Marie Lu

Hello fellow readers,


So another book that I finished on my time away in June was Legend by Marie Lu. This book was another apocalyptic series that came out a few years ago. I didn't get on this one as quickly as others like it because I had read so many other similar series that I didn't feel like reading another one at the time that it  came out. However, I am kind of glad I waited because it made me appreciate the story more. This story is about a young girl named June who is working in school towards a job in the government of the Republic (split from the rest of the country called the Colonies), like her big brother Metias. There is also the mysterious Day is under the radar of the government and therefore his family thinks he is dead, he now goes by this surname to keep his identity a secret. He uses his "invisibility" to the world to help his family and keep them safe during the terrible times of plague and disease. Day starts to notice that only certain people are contracting this disease and wonders if the government is just hiding the cure or causing the disease themselves. All of a sudden after a brief encounter in a dark alley, June's brother, Metias, is found dead with a knife to the chest. The only person last seen with him is the invisible Day. June decides to go into the world of Day on a mission from the Republic and try to find out why he killed her brother without her own identity being revealed to Day, but she finds out more than the reason of why her brother died, and it changes her life forever.


I found this book really good and actually am reading the second one currently. The whole post-apocalypse theme reminded me a lot of Maze Runner or Hunger Games but with a plot that held its own and made me want to read more. I am incredibly surprised that this has not been made into a movie series yet, but feel like once the hype dies down from Maze Runner it may be adapted. Overall I would give this an 8/10. Not incredible and the best thing ever, but good enough to want me to keep going through the series. Have any of you all read this book? I feel like most people I talk to have not. I finished up a few other books like What Alice Forgot and the Handmaid's Tale which I will be typing up a review for in the next few weeks or so. Baby brain has made it hard for me to get stuff done when I get home! I have been still trying to read as much as possible, because I know once baby comes my free reading time will be pretty limited! Also sometime in the last few months I hit 50,000+ reads, so thanks everyone for reading my stuff! So crazy to think that on average people click on my blog about twenty three times per day! Which for most popular blogs is nothing, but for me is totally crazy to think that many people actually want to read my stuff.




Thanks for reading with me,
- Olivia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment