Wednesday, June 27, 2018

#BookWorm: Good As Gone

Hello fellow readers,


Okay, I have got to stop picking crazy disturbing books. All of the mystery books I’ve read lately aren’t just a mystery they are straight up disturbing. Like I have had nightmares. The sad part? The things that happen in these books could legit happen to people. This one was no different. Good As Gone by Amy Gentry is about a young girl named Julie who goes missing at the age of 13. All of a sudden a lady shows up who meets the age criteria for Julie, but is a totally different girl than the one who left. Is this the real Julie? Why did she come back on her own? Where is her kidnapper? So many questions start to be answered in this plot twisting mind boggler.


I couldn’t really decide how I felt overall about this book. I guess I will give it an 8/10 because of how quick I wanted to turn the pages, but there were some elements that I didn’t like. There was a lot of religion slander and some talk about late term abortion. But I can to the conclusion that these things are real. And while the story in the book is fiction, it’s not fiction for some people. Religion can be corrupt. Our world is corrupt. It makes my heart sad that this is what some people go through and that there are some leaders in our world who would do things like this. The ending to this book was sub par. It gave you answers you wanted, but it was kind of dumb in my opinion. I’d love to discuss this book with someone who read it so I don’t have to give spoilers here! Needless to say the next book I am going to read will be a chill teen romance book. Or at least I hope it will be more chill than these last few!

Thanks for reading with me,
- Olivia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment