Sunday, March 18, 2018

#BookWorm: Always and Forever Lara Jean

#BookWorm: Always and Forever Lara Jean 

Hello fellow readers,

So I took a little hiatus from the slightly creepy thrillers and picked up a copy of Always and Forever Lara Jean by Jenny Han at the library. This is the final book in the Lara Jean trilogy and I am SO happy that Jenny Han decided to close the loop on many unanswered questions from fans with this book! Even though I’m in my mid-twenties I still LOVE Young Adult books. They are some of my favorites, and I hope I never get tired of them because there are so many good ones out there! I read Jenny Hans other trilogy The Summer I Turned Pretty in like five days when I first moved to Durham (see my reviews for that series here and here) and found the Lara Jean series shortly after. 

If you haven’t read the rest of the Lara Jean series, skip to the next paragraph of this post as this section contains spoilers from books one and two!! First I am in love with Lara Jean and Peter. Marrying my high school sweetaheart, I always love when books include a love story between two people who met in their high school years. The end of the second book Lara Jean starts dating Peter Kavinsky, the cool athlete at her school of which Lara Jean is the complete opposite. But somehow it works for them. Lara Jean’s sister (Margot?) is in college overseas and has a big opinion about Lara Jean’s relationship with Peter, and practically every other person who is dating someone in this book. Lara Jean and Peter are getting ready to go off to college, and they both want to go to UVA. However, Lara Jean also wants to consider other options (including UNC-Chapel Hill which while I’m not a Tar Heel fan it was cool having a local university referred to in this book). Lara Jean and Peter learn the art of complicated senior year relationships including deciding to stay together, doing long distance or drifting apart and becoming independent of each other.

Overall I’d give this book a 9/10, probably because I can relate to this book. I think I relate a lot actually, because Madi and I had a lot of similar conversations when choosing schools. Since I graduated the year before him it was slightly different as he had to decide where to go after I already had chosen USF. I do think about what it would have been like to do long distance all through college and whether or not outcomes would be the same, but luckily God lead him to USF for undergrad! I do have to say I was rooting for things to work out between Lara Jean and Peter no matter what schools they chose because I would have wanted people to root for me and Madi during that time of our relationship. 

Things are moving right along this month, March is flying by. We went over to DC for St. Patrick’s Day weekend for a concert and to explore more of the beautiful history filled city with Sondra and her boyfriend. I will  be sharing some more DC gems that we found soon!

Thanks for reading with me,
- Olivia 

No comments:

Post a Comment