Saturday, February 10, 2018

{Real Talk}: Don’t Doubt Yourself

Lately I’ve been surrounded by self doubt. This isn’t anything new, I’ve always been a self doubting person on the inside, but typically I am pretty good at trying to be positive. Normally, I put on that positive smile that my patients know me by and keep chugging along. But let me be honest with you, 2018 has not been our year. Lots of losses of young patients. Lots of trials within our families. Lots of challenges with finances. On top of all that we’re getting older and man do I feel it! I’ve literally fallen three times in the last three months, not because of anything, I’m just clumsy. At work I’d be considered a high fall risk! Metabolisms are slowing down, and I can no longer go drink a milkshake and eat a large fries and not feel or see the consequences. And the people who are years ahead of me in age are like “you have no idea”.  LOL I get it, I’m not that old. 

For real though take a second to when you first started to notice, dang I feel older. You look at the people who are seniors in high school and you’re like, wait didn’t I have you in first grade teacher aide like a year ago? It blows my mind. You know what though, this is the time to be proud. When you finish that extra mile quicker than normal, or proud when you accomplish a career goal, or even proud to just be still above water. Today I finished a 5K quicker than I ever could have imagined three months ago when I started running more again. And you know what, I WAS DANG PROUD. 

So this is for whoever needs to hear it: Be proud of your accomplishments. Don’t look at other people to seek gratification for yourself. Look at yourself and be proud in this moment. Don’t doubt yourself. Because you are awesome. You are beautiful. You are worth it. Even when times are looking rough, don’t you ever give up. 
- Olivia :)

1 comment:

  1. We'll put Olivia.
    I tell my students to never compare themselves to others because you are a one of a kind miracle and always remember whatever you are doing that this moment will never be repeated again ever - that blows my mind!
    Love you sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete