Sunday, January 7, 2018

#BookWorm: What She Knew

Hello fellow readers,

I recently picked up a great mystery/thriller called What She Knew by Gilly Macmillan. This book was on my Amazon wish listed and recommended after reading other books like The Silent Wife, Girl on the Train, and Sharp Objects. It was a mystery about a lady named Rachel who went for a normal Sunday walk in the woods when her son, Ben, disappeared. The story goes through what happened in-between Ben's disappearance and present day police interviews. I found the characters super interesting and relatable. Rachel reminded me a lot of Rachel from Girl on the Train with all of her relationship issues and lack of coping skills, minus being a raging alcoholic. However I must admit that I did guess what happened about halfway through the book. I won't say too much more about that other than it wasn't a mind-blowing ending. I did think it was a good ending nevertheless. Overall I would give the book a 8/10. It wasn't life altering, but it was a worthwhile read if you're looking for a good vacation or plane ride read.

I always find mystery or thriller books intriguing. They just tend to fit with my type of mind and it is my favorite genre. I've added a few more of these to my list of what to read next (this ever growing list). Many of my patients who are retired keep telling me how they read two or three books in a week and I am envious of those summer days when I had all the time in the world to read my time away. Keep sending over suggestions! There are many books being made into movies in 2018, and I am excited to see what the future of book to movie adaptations brings.

Thanks for reading with me,
- Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment