Sunday, August 27, 2017

#BookWorm: Once and For All

Happy Sunday!

I can't believe that the month of August is flying by so quickly. I feel like we were just cruising to the Bahamas, but that was a month ago! Where did the time go?! I felt like this summer I was going to make time to get some hard core reading done, but it did not happen. However, I did get to read one of the top books on my list Once and For All by one of my all-time favorite writers: Sarah Dessen! She is a North Carolina resident, and unfortunately went to UNC-Chapel Hill :( boo. Just kidding I still love her. This is her most recent book, which came out in June (yeah see how behind I am). It is about a girl named Louna who is against opening herself up to love after her last relationship. But the kicker is, she works in the wedding business with her single mom and is surrounded by people in love all the time. Instead of this making her fall more in love, it seems to harden her to the world of love and marriage. In comes quirky Ambrose, who is probably the most annoying person she has ever met, but was hired to work the wedding business with her and her mom in order to keep him out of his sister's hair for the summer leading up to his sister's wedding. I won't give away too much more than that.

This book was a quick and easy read for me, as I love Sarah Dessen's writing style. For the most part it is a predictable plot, but there are definitely some elements of surprise that make it a page turner. You'll see what I mean when you read it. Even though this book is for "young adults" AKA teens, I still love it. I still love the whole YA genre and will probably keep reading it even when I am 75 years old because I love it so much. I would rate this an 8.5/10. Really good, not life changing, but totally worth reading in your spare time. If you love Sarah Dessen or have liked any of her other books, this one is great! And has been on the NYT bestseller list for weeks!

Now I am onto the next book that I have in my stack: Wonder by R.J. Palacio. So far, SO GOOD. The movie comes out in November so I will definitely be posting once I finish and most likely heading to the theater to see it! What did you read this summer? I only knocked out four books. What is life these days?! Oh yeah, working... Good thing I love my job!

Until next time,
- Olivia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment