Monday, September 12, 2016

#BookWorm: Infinite in Between

Hello fellow readers,

On one of my trips to the library recently I picked up this random book called Infinite In Between based on an Amazon recommended read (yes seriously love their recommendations list) and it turned out to be enjoyable. This book was nothing super special in itself, nothing life altering or crazy ending, but an easy, get your mind off of life and just read kind of book. The premise was about five teenage freshmen who got randomly lumped together on their first day of high school in a group project. They all wrote letters to themselves and made a pact to read them on their graduation day.

Over all this book was pretty predictable and happy-go-lucky.  Everything seemed to work out the way you would think for the most part for the characters and I loved how they all connected back to each other in the end since in the beginning they were unknown to each other. Somewhere I read something about how in this book this crazy ending happened that brought them all back together, but to me it wasn't really so crazy. One thing I did like about this book was that the school actually made kids do an activity together in separate groups and I think the letter idea would have been interesting for kids to take part in. I guess if everyone did it, it would lose its meaning, but I love looking back at things from high school and shaking my head at my thirteen to sixteen year old self wondering what the heck I was thinking and how dramatic I thought life was back then. You grow up and you learn and its good to have things like journals and notes to look back on to see that you actually have come a long way even though it may not feel like it. Rating for this book would be a 7/10. Nothing spectacular, a good read, but not the most amazing story ever.

Loving the books I've been finding at our local library lately! Next read is James Dashner's prequel to The Maze Runner, The Kill Order. Can't wait to keep knocking books off my "to read" list! Have you read Infinite In Between? What did you think of it? Any books you're looking forward to read this fall?

Thanks for keeping up,
- Olivia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment