Thursday, July 23, 2015

#BookWorm: The Scorch Trials

Hey fellow readers!


So I just finished the second book in the Maze Runner series: The Scorch Trials by James Dashner. So the second book was a super slow start, I had a really hard time motivating myself to keep reading it (considering it took me two months to finish it). But I can't start a new book once I'm into another one so I had to stick with it. Once I got halfway through it actually got more interesting.
CAUTION SPOILERS BELOW IF YOU HAVENT READ OR SEEN THE FIRST MAZE RUNNER SKIP TO THE NEXT BOLDED SECTION!!
So this book continues at the end of The Maze Runner when Thomas and his friends are taken in by WICKED. The whole first half is them trying to figure out what is going on, and Teresa goes missing. After that they're put into something called the scorch trials where they're in the desert and found out they have this disease called the flare. Once you get through that part it gets more interesting and is worth reading. 
NO MORE SPOILERS YOU ARE SAFE :)!!
The book ends with another cliffhanger, making most people want to jump into the third book, the final in the series besides the prequel, however I need a break from Dashner's crazy world with the most random names ever. Overall I would give this book a 7.5/10 only because you can only read "RUN!!" so many times in a book. Like aren't you physically exhausted already? Id be dead for sure. But if you read the first book, you have to read this because you want to know what happens right? Duh. And you want to see the second movie even though the first one was basically a lot of darkness like me right? Basically were all seeing it because of Dylan O'Brien's hotness. Obvi.
So did anyone else struggle getting through this book? Or just me? Well the next book I started is called The Lake by Annalisa Grant a romance novel that popped up on my Amazon page when I went into a book buying spree after working a ton of overtime in March. I needed a change but then I promise I will go back and finish the Maze Runner series. This weekend we're in Chattanooga TN for our annual family trip with our moms, and then the big move is next Thursday! Can't believe how this summer has flown.

Love you guys,
- Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment