Thursday, January 14, 2016

#BookWorm: The Silent Wife

Hello fellow readers,

The most recent book I checked off of my list was The Silent Wife by A.S.A. Harrison. This book was acclaimed to be better than Gone Girl, however I beg to differ. The premise of the story was that the main character Jodi figures out that her long time boyfriend, Todd, has been cheating on her. She decided to not marry him because of her own fears, and has known for a long time that she has been sleeping around. She then finds out that he impregnated a twenty year old girl who is the daughter of a family friend and Todd has to decide if he is going to leave Jodi or stay with her. He decides to leave her, and the rest of the book is what she decides to do with it.

So let me tell you, this book was not what I expected. Hearing it's positive reviews I expected a plot twisted thriller, and I got 2/3 of a book talking about how a sleazy husband cheats on his wife and is constantly thinking about other women. The last third is what Jodi decides to do for revenge on him. It was not witty, and had no plot twists. I actually guessed the ending about half way through the book. Not much surprised me. But mystery/thrillers are my kinds of books so maybe it's just me. It was an interesting story, but was not as easy of a read as any of Gillian Flynn's books. Overall rating: 7/10. One interesting tidbit of information is that the author actually died shortly after this book hit the market from cancer. Which is unfortunate, because she actually could have had a lot of success in my opinion.

Now I am getting into the stack of books I got for Christmas and got from Florida, so I won't be going back to the library for a little while until I can get down to the bottom of this stack. Since Madi is back in the full swing of school, I should be reading a lot quicker again! In the meantime, any suggestions for books I am open to!

Thanks for reading with me,
- Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment