Tuesday, August 25, 2015

#BookWorm: The Death Cure

Hello fellow readers,

I recently finished the last book of The Maze Runner series: The Death Cure. It was definitely the best of the three and held my interest a lot longer than the other two did. It only took me three weeks to finish this one compared to the others! If you haven't read book one or two of the series skip to the next section of bold words to miss spoilers :)

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS
So the third book follows the end of the scorch trials when Thomas found out that basically the whole thing was also a setup and he was betrayed by his BFF Teresa and got the hots for another girl Brenda who you find out works for WICKED. And for some reason this whacko Teresa keeps telling Thomas WICKED is good. And he's like yo you're crazy girl. Rightfully so after he has been lied to basically the whole series. So this book takes place in WICKED and then Denver, CO. It's pretty interesting and keeps you wondering what WICKED is up to and who is good and who is bad. It's hard to keep up sometimes. 
SPOLERS COMPLETE - SPOILERS COMPLETE

Anywho I would definitely recommend this book. If you haven't read any of the series, my consensus is now to read it. It is a bit sci-fi for my taste but it's good. The first one is tough to get through, the second is better, and the third made it all worth it for me. I can't wait to see what they do with the movie series and keep reading along. Overall ranking of this book 8.5/10. Overall ranking of the series: 8/10. What does that mean? Well the Divergent series was a solid 9.5/10 and the Hunger Games series a 9/10 so I mean it is up there but not quite at that level for me.

Next up on my list is a throwback Jodi Picoult book that somehow I missed when reading almost every other book she has written. I also have about six other books on my list including Hilary Duff's Elixir series and a new series called The Testing that is supposed to be like a Divergent, Hunger Games, Maze Runner combo. Have you read any of these series? Any other suggestions? Let me know!

Thanks for reading with me,
- Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment