Sunday, May 25, 2014

#BookWorm: Vanishing Acts

Hello bloggers,

So I just finished another book called Vanishing Acts by Jodi Picoult. It was really good! I love Jodi Picoult and with her books typically I either really like them or I don't like them at all. This was one I really liked! The premise was about a woman who does search and rescue for a living and her dad gets arrested randomly on the account of kidnapping. It is a really interesting story and as most Jodi Picoult books, it has lots of plot twists!

Overall I found the plot super intriguing. There were parts where they talked about old desert folk tales that I didn't really find necessary and kind of dragged. Some people don't like how the author switches between points of view of different characters, but I find that so interesting with these books and I think it is important to understand the whole story instead of just one point of view. I would probably rate it a 8.5/10 overall and would take off because of some of the more dragging parts in the book and the ending kind of leaves you hanging as well.

If you are looking for something to read, I would recommended almost anything by Jodi Picoult! This one was interesting if you have never read it, but Nineteen Minutes is my favorite book of all time, The Pact is amazing, and Change of Heart is another good read.

I'm now in the middle of Wicked, and can't wait to share my thoughts on it when I finish! Have you read Vanishing Acts? What did you think about it? Any other books you recommend to read?

Thanks for reading,
- Olivia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment